FRIENDS

Monday, April 5, 2010

KREATIV BLOGGER


Hi Everyone, and I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Ours is so very different from the Easter's of the past, but every bit as special. We decided to go to church Saturday night instead of Sunday morning so we could get out in the garden early and do as much planting as possible. And the Saturday Easter Vigil is when all the people who have been preparing to come into the church are baptised and confirmed and since we belong to the Cathedral church things are always magnified in every way. The music, much of it in latin was awesome with the strings and trumpets and Easter Lillies everywhere and it was a very long mass lasting almost three hours but was so emotional as much of it is done in the dark by candlelight and with incense and the Bishop was the celebrant so for me that made my Easter so glorious.

Punkin and I planted and worked for about 6 hours today and came in exhausted to shower and eat out at Picadilly. You know we've been trying so hard to stay with our South Beach diet plan, so this was a treat not to think about the D word!


Saturday I went with my daughter Shari and her Hubby to the little church around the corner from us to take her grandsons on their first egg hunt. These are two of my great grandbabies and we had a blast.

This is Kane who will be nine in September


And this is his baby brother Luke who was two in January


When we got back home, Punkin got some much needed help from some little future farmers





And now to respond to the sweet Susan who nominated me for this Kreative Blogger Award. I must list 7 things about myself and pass it on. Well you are ALL Creative Bloggers and since many of you do not put awards on your blogs, for the ones who do and would like this award, please do me the honor of snagging it and playing the game from here. Thank you Susan and please go HERE to her blog and you'll be glad to have made a new friend. She's a doll.

1. I am terrified of mice and rats
2. I am going to Boston this summer and it is the first vacation for us...EVER
3. I am claustrophobic
4. I change my hair color routinely from blonde, to frost, to red, to brown several times each year
5. I have a violin but I get anxiety attacks when I try to learn to play it so I keep it in the case just to look at
6. If I could start my life over I might become a nun...or an attorney
7. My doll collection has grown so large I hate to go in our bedroom. It makes me crazy

These are the rules to be followed for this award:

1. Thank the person who gave this award to you. 2. Copy the logo and place it in your blog. 3. Link the person who nominated you. 4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.

5. Nominate seven 'Kreative Bloggers' 6. Post Links to the seven blogs you nominate. 7. Leave comment on each of the blogs letting them know you have nominated them.

Ok nominees it is up to you if you want to list your own nominees as well or you can just say thankyou and leave it at that. I believe these awards are a way of showing love, and sharing varied interests and learning from each other along with making new friendships, don't you agree?

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sweet Mollye...
    Oh I love this post, and I can just see you two planting away. I love the picture of little one blowing his first dandelion. (How funny we would be on the same wave length again, ofcourse as I have said before we are kindred spirits.)

    Going to Boston? How fun will that be. You will have the best time of your lives. Oh I can't wait to see pictures of that. Fun, fun, fun. I too do not like mice of any kind. Scare me to death. Yes they do.

    My little 10 year old grand daughter plays the violin, she has played now for 3 years. She is really GREAT. In the 4th grade but plays strings with the 6th graders as she is just to darn advanced. I love to hear her play. My Grandmother played the violin, and she would be so happy to know that her great, great grand daughter is carrying on where she left off. It just melts my heart everytime she picks it up to play. She even serinaded my Moma on her birthday with her violin over the phone of all things. Moma was so tickled she cried. She loved it.

    Have a beautiful day today sweetie. Please know that you are so loved. I think of you everyday when I do something, and wonder, is Mollye doing the same thing too?

    I am back to work today. Monday, Monday. Have a beautiful day sweet thing. I love ya girl.
    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award. Wonderful to read those things about you. I can play the violin but when mine came apart a few years ago I could not afford a new one. It had gotten hard to play with arthritis in my hands and shoulders. Probably would be good therapy though. It was a great weekend for puttering around outside. I did too and could hardly get out of bed this am.
    Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello friend!
    I enjoyed learing a bit more about you here... a nun? I am trying to picture you in the gown for that... speaking of. Our nuns here don't wear their's anymore... I think that is sad, we need to see people wearing and sharing their faith. Have you shown us your doll collection before? I would love to see it. I love planting and gardening.
    Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello and thanks for stoping by my blog and leaving such kind words.... Enjoy your day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Momma
    When I get there this next month....we're gonna photo and pack up that doll collection and sell it to the highest bidder.If you are willing that is ? Why should you keep them if they are freaking you out ? I think they are freaky too. I couldn't sleep with 800 bright green eyeballs (real or not) watching my every move. PLEASE let me help you with that project.
    Love your blog 1
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your valuable time to tell me what you are thinking about!