Monday, April 5, 2010
Hi Everyone, and I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Ours is so very different from the Easter's of the past, but every bit as special. We decided to go to church Saturday night instead of Sunday morning so we could get out in the garden early and do as much planting as possible. And the Saturday Easter Vigil is when all the people who have been preparing to come into the church are baptised and confirmed and since we belong to the Cathedral church things are always magnified in every way. The music, much of it in latin was awesome with the strings and trumpets and Easter Lillies everywhere and it was a very long mass lasting almost three hours but was so emotional as much of it is done in the dark by candlelight and with incense and the Bishop was the celebrant so for me that made my Easter so glorious.
Punkin and I planted and worked for about 6 hours today and came in exhausted to shower and eat out at Picadilly. You know we've been trying so hard to stay with our South Beach diet plan, so this was a treat not to think about the D word!
Saturday I went with my daughter Shari and her Hubby to the little church around the corner from us to take her grandsons on their first egg hunt. These are two of my great grandbabies and we had a blast.
This is Kane who will be nine in September
And this is his baby brother Luke who was two in January
When we got back home, Punkin got some much needed help from some little future farmers
And now to respond to the sweet Susan who nominated me for this Kreative Blogger Award. I must list 7 things about myself and pass it on. Well you are ALL Creative Bloggers and since many of you do not put awards on your blogs, for the ones who do and would like this award, please do me the honor of snagging it and playing the game from here. Thank you Susan and please go HERE to her blog and you'll be glad to have made a new friend. She's a doll.
1. I am terrified of mice and rats
2. I am going to Boston this summer and it is the first vacation for us...EVER
3. I am claustrophobic
4. I change my hair color routinely from blonde, to frost, to red, to brown several times each year
5. I have a violin but I get anxiety attacks when I try to learn to play it so I keep it in the case just to look at
6. If I could start my life over I might become a nun...or an attorney
7. My doll collection has grown so large I hate to go in our bedroom. It makes me crazy
These are the rules to be followed for this award:
1. Thank the person who gave this award to you. 2. Copy the logo and place it in your blog. 3. Link the person who nominated you. 4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
5. Nominate seven 'Kreative Bloggers' 6. Post Links to the seven blogs you nominate. 7. Leave comment on each of the blogs letting them know you have nominated them.
Ok nominees it is up to you if you want to list your own nominees as well or you can just say thankyou and leave it at that. I believe these awards are a way of showing love, and sharing varied interests and learning from each other along with making new friendships, don't you agree?
Posted by Mollye at 1:35 AM