FRIENDS

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's Almost Time Again

for Mardi Gras!
Yippee Yay.....it's the thing that we wait for all year long and the thing that gets our motors up and running.

The Mardi Gras season actually begins on twelth night which is the 12th day following Christmas which is today!

Mardi Gras is also known as Fat Tuesday. It is the day before Ash Wednesday and this year occurs on February 16. So Mardi Gras festivities are already taking place here in Louisiana and in Mobile, Alabama and other places that celebrate the Carnival Season.

People are beginning to begin making Masks and the stores are full of green, purple and gold decorations and merchandise.

I hope you enjoy the elaborate Masks I found for you and hey you can celebrate your own Mardi Gras regardless of where you live and what better way to have fun with it than making a mask.













Man has the most difficult time being honest when talking about himself but give him a mask and he'll tell the truth everytime.
Oscar Wilde

laissez les bon temps rouller! Mizmollye

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your visit and sweet comments! Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those masks are amazing!! I love the pink and gold one. I've never been to the Mardi Gras, but it has to be so much fun. I didn't realize that it started in January.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the first mask and also the sixth one... the one that looks like a joker's mask. Such fun! I love Louisiana!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your valuable time to tell me what you are thinking about!