FRIENDS

Sunday, April 25, 2010

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?????


I walked into my art room for ONE purpose. To CLEAN IT....and instead I just found myself elbow to elbow in glue sticks, netting, cardstock and inks, images, ribbons and whatever else happened to be on my work table, and not only did I not get it cleaned, I made the mess much, much worse.

I began making tags in this shape




and then I wanted some round ones




and of course I had begun to feel a little guilty for spending so much time playing when I was supposed to be working that I thought I'd better make something that was in the least bit useful. So I made this little pin cushion.


I had seen the idea of using a little boxtop lid which I did with a Laughing Cow cheese top and when I began making it, I couldn't quite remember where I'd seen it so it was not really like she did it, and I went back later so I could give some credit for the idea but I could not find it. That is the problem when you go visiting or blog surfing and see so many fantastic creations and unless you write the name of the blog down or save it, it is sometimes lost to you. I hate when that happens because I love to let everyone know where I see something snazzy.!

So what was on your plate this weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Hey Molly!!! LOL! That happens to me all the time! I saw an advertisement in Somerset Studio by Prima flowers that says "the housework can wait, make some memories" or something like that! I so agree!!! :) Marva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby tags!...and I love the pin cushion, I need to make myself one of these!! :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been soooo busy! I love your creations, especially the tags, if you are anything like me, there would be glue all over me too! Same when I bake! NOt glue though of course! suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, lovely tags and pincushion, much more fun than cleaning. I say, when the mood hits , go with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - I am so glad that I am not the only one that gets side tracked so easily!

    At least what you made wasa beautiful!

    You are so funny. Love it.

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tags are great, and much more fun than cleaning, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to see you're having fun!!
    You've got your priorities right...great work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A diversion happens to the best of us when we're cleaning! At least your diversion was productive and you weren't just watching soap operas, not that that would have been so bad either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your valuable time to tell me what you are thinking about!