FRIENDS

Friday, April 23, 2010

THEY JUST KEEP CALLING MY NAME

Artist Trading Cards



ATC'S... Those funny little original pieces of art measuring a mere 3.5 x 2.5 and are sooooooooooo addictive. You can paint, collage, zendangle, ink & stamp or absolutely anything you can think of to do to a canvass of paper, cloth, plastic, tin or whatever material can be done to create one. There are only two requirements or rules in making them.
#1. They must measure 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches
#2. They must not be sold. Only traded or gifted; hence the name Artist TRADING Cards
And that's the kind of things I like doing with the freedom to express myself and not have to go by a pattern or specific guidelines. I've always loved cooking and sewing but hated Home Ec in school because you had to follow a pattern. I don't think it is arrogance on my part but I think that particular side of my brain does not line up with that.




And sisters, no matter how long I go between spurts of creativity, I always begin to feel the at first gentle pull and then the strong urges to get off my duff and into my art room and create SOMETHING. And usually the first thing I make are ATC's then Tags,Moo Cards, Postcards and a few Paper Dolls then I am hooked and want to do a new book.







So I thought you might like seeing some of the ATC's I've done and maybe the ATC Bug will bite you and you'll have some fun creating some little unique masterpieces.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, some fantastic atc creations!! They are all unique.I especially like the last one, is it up for trade? (hint hint lol)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are stunning Mollye, and just like their creator too! suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one with Harrison Ford (lol).

    These are very interesting and I would like to learn how to do these.

    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love these. I'm learning how to make them as we speak. I checked a great book out at the library "Scraps" -an inspirational field guide to collage by Gynther & Christine Clemmensen. I'm now going to have to buy it. You need to check it out.Your creations are great and they are addicting.My fav one is oysters. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I would like to know what you use as your base, maybe an index card or something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I do love ATC's and these my friend are great!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mollye,
    Your ATC's are absolutely gorgeous. Your creativity has been really flowing and it shows. Such great work.

    Love it.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mollye! You make such lovely items! I, too, like the one of Harrison Ford...be still my heart! I really love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mollye,
    I just love all your cards! I have alot of scrap paper and magazines.. and it is going to rain this weekend. So I think I will give it a go.
    Blessings to you!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mollye...Thank you for the info of what you use as your base. What a great idea and I love the fact that you don't have to go and buy something else. I'm gonna give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fabulous! I've been getting back into making ATCs too! That's what got me into this whole mixed media and collage thing... it's been a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your valuable time to tell me what you are thinking about!