FRIENDS

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SCRAPPY PEARLS

That's right...make pearls from scraps.
I just bought a new book and one of the best things about a book is to share it with someone else.



With our upcoming trip to Boston I thought it'd be fun to create some funky, cheap and different little pieces to wear. And the first one I chose is a little chic pearl necklace made from scraps of satin, silks or otherwise soft and shiny fabric.


I've only just begun so don't have much to show for my time yet but did make a few and it is something easy you can do while sitting and watching tv.



There are so many cool projects and I'll show you different ones later but now I thought some of you might want to join in with me on some pearl making the scrappy way!

5 comments:

  1. So-o-o-o-o cool!! I bet these would sell good!!
    Have a Wonderful Day!!
    Love,
    Marilyn
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome way to use up some silk fabric scraps, although 80 of these might be a bit more than scraps. I can see you wearing these already. I bet you're going to get lots of comments on your necklace on your trip. Be sure to show us the completed necklace and thanks for sharing this fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is interesting and I've never seen it before. Looks cool. When and what are you going to do in Boston? Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know you're excited about boston, mollye! and you're gonna be soooo gorgeous in your scrappy pearls! you show them damn yankees what's what!

    hugs,
    terry lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would be so much fun to visit Boston. Do you know we got all around there and didn't make it to the city proper??? Mr. Magpie has seen it before, but I haven't and haven ancestors from there that were in there very early. Next time! :-)

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your valuable time to tell me what you are thinking about!