FRIENDS

Friday, July 30, 2010

STUCK ON YOU



Thanks everyone for all your suggestions and the main thing I got from all your comments is to be PATIENT with myself!

Also I am going to once again try some journaling. I did actually begin a new blog and it is called Jake's Story and you can find the link by clicking on his picture on my sidebar. I told the kids I don't want to start a blog where I'm identified as being a mother who has lost her child because I don't want Jake's death to label me.

The intention for Jake's Story is to share some of who Jake was without dwelling on his death so people could perhaps find some enlightenment for their own lives and also as a tribute to the fine people who were a part of Jake's life, especially his Home Depot family as I know they are hurting from losing him and I want to acknowledge their importance in his life and in ours as well. So I think this will be a positive thing to do and I won't blog daily for his blog, and maybe even not weekly but as I am led to do so. I want first and foremost to keep up with my own bloggy because you are the ones who give me courage and motivation to keep going.

And SIMPLYDEBBIE suggested that I try my hand at creating some buttons for us who have been relegated into this club we're in; the parents who've lost children club. And even some other buttons and badges for other causes, so I think I'd like to try that as a creative outlet right now.

Hope you all got why I was asking for help. I've always been so involved in creative endeavors that here lately, my hands are idle and I'm left only to my thoughts and I feel like I want to get to another place as doing nothing leaves me sad and I feel so much happier when I am busy.

So thank you all for your comments, suggestions and most of all your love and in taking the time to offer what I need. I love you all, mollye

11 comments:

  1. I know many people who have experienced a similar loss to yours (or loss of a parent) and have found great comfort in art. I'm surprised you are not making art right now, but maybe other creative outlets are better for you right now, such as poems, stories, and buttons. Hope art will help you heal in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear Mollye,
    I think it is great that you started a seperate blog for your son. Writing about him will be good for you. As for the creative block.. we all get them once in a while anyway.. be patient and it will come in time. Sorry I haven't been getting here as often as I would like.. I am behind this summer in blogland... Looking forward to fall and winter when I will have more time to keep in touch with everyone.
    love, blessings and hugs!!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mollye - I didn't know how to hug on Facebook so (((HUG))) here!!!!!!!!

    I just cannot fathom the lost of a son or daughter. I know Debbie still hurts too. And I'll tell you what I tell her - be gentle to yourself - there is no time line of grief.

    Give yourself a hug, tell yourself it is okay, and take a baby step.

    Love,
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, I have 2 journals written with just about everything I felt or experienced during the days, weeks and months during the worse time of my life. I'm not sure I would want anyone to read it though.........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Miz M. What a wonderful idea. I too lost twin daughters at birth many years ago, but it is still a missing spoke in the wheel. Nice idea about the button. I found something, I think through your blog, with stones on it. I took it to my blog, well I did have it. I was living in the past too much too, per my daughter, so a new slant for my blog. Love you AS EVER.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's great that you are keeping the great memories and the story of Jake alive. Hugs to you. I can't imagine losing a child..the loss of my husband left me empty and I have found that blogging and keeping my hands busy has helped. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mollye, I am your ATC swap partner for August. I do not see an email address for you, so you can contact me at myaturnay@gmail.com, and leave me your email and mailing address, and I will send you my mailing address.

    Now, if you need extra time, I can well understand. You have been, and will be going through rough times.
    However, that said - maybe having a mailing date is what you also need, at least as a goal.

    Your grief is fresh, so expect to have some setbacks as you progress. It's kinda like a graft that is going in the preferred direction, but makes unexpected highs and lows along the way.
    You set your course and with God's help and "a little help from your friends," you achieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mollye..I am with everyone, first here is a big long distance HUG. Everyone has their own timeline for grief. It's still oh so fresh..I will check out Jake's blog, that is a great idea. My friend lost her 26 year old son 4 years ago and was not artistic at all..she started scrapbooking Jason's life. Oh my, its been so healing for her to do that, creative arts is an awesome thing. So do what you can do but I agree idle hands lends itself to so much thinking and you are so talented.
    Ok love you sweet friend
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am praying for you on this sweet Sunday morning and all of your family! Have a blessed day my friend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love the button idea momma. Love Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your valuable time to tell me what you are thinking about!